If you love something you want to hold on to it forever. Your new Månestråle knitwear-whether it is cashmere, mohair, merino wool or lambswool- is sustainable and can easily last for many years if you take good care of it.
Cashmere and wool have natural antibacterial properties:
- Cashmere can be worn a few times before needing to wash it.
- Air out- The fresh air and moist works wonders for the cashmere fibers and as a bonus, it also brings down the environmental impact.
Steps for Månestråle cashmere, mohair, merino wool and lambswool
- Fill your basin with cold water and add a mild wool detergent.
- Submerge your sweater and let it soak in the basin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water until the water is no longer soapy
- Gently remove the water by pressing your sweater. Avoid wringing out your sweater, this can stretch out the delicate fibers.
- Lay the sweater flat on a clean towel or drying rack and re-create its natural shape. Let it air dry. Do not hang your sweater to dry.
Steam instead of iron - Steaming fluffs the yarns, makes the garment regain its original shape and is a natural refresher.
- Natural pilling occurs due to excess fibers and friction which can easily be removed.
- A fabric comb or shaver can safely remove pilling.
- The Pilo Shaver from Steamery can be purchased on our website:
- Gently sweep the Pilo Shaver over the pilling.
- Gradually increase the pressure.
- Do not press down into the garment.
STORE AND PROTECT
- Cedar is a natural repellent for moths and insects. Place a cedar ball in your drawer or storage box along with your sweater
- Fold, don’t hang. Sweaters are best folded as hanging over time will stretch out the garment.
PASS IT ON
Månestråle knitwear is a quality staple to elevate any wardrobe and can continue to be worn regardless of the ever-changing fashion trends. Your pre-loved knitwear is perfect to pass on to a family member where it can enjoy a second life.